- Who are you, where do you live and how long have you supported Somerset?
Peter Wanless, I live in Kent and have supported Somerset since I was born back in the 60s
- Overall how do you feel Somerset performed in 2018?
Very creditably other than in one day games against Kent (though even there we almost pulled off an impossible win in the Canterbury rain).
- Who was your stand-out performer on the field during the season?
Championship – difficult to look beyond Hildy, nothing beats watching him compile an innings.
One Day – Lewis Gregory
- What will be your stand-out memory of last season and why?
Marcus Trescothick securing a record number of centuries for the County and then celebrating in typical low key fashion by eating a few of the Committee’s sausage rolls.
- Are you happy with our preparations building up to 2019 (recruitment, preseason, etc.)
The floodlights work, which is a relief. A little unsure about our T20 recruitment, unclear how useful playing in the UAE will be compared with spring conditions in the UK but I’m sure it will have been a lovely bonding experience for those lucky enough to go.
- How do you think we will perform in 2019:
- Specsavers County Championship
We need to get off to a good start (stating the obvious). We will finish second having contrived an even more imaginative way than ever before to fail heroically at the final hurdle.
- Royal London One Day Cup
Let’s beat Kent – then anything is possible.
- NatWest T20 Blast
Playing under the floodlights is going to be awesome. Would love to see us at Finals Day again.
- Who do you expect to be our most important player in 2019?
It would be great to see Lewis Gregory picking up where he left off last year.
- Who is the young player you think can develop into a key player in the new season?
This is a big season for Dom Bess – I’d love to see him thrive with bat and ball in white ball as well as red ball cricket.
- Are you looking forward to watching Somerset under floodlights?
Excited – the later starts will give me a better chance of getting to Taunton on time.
- In general what is your main hope for the 2019 season for Somerset?
I’d like the ECB, Sky Cricket and the wider public to be blown away by the spectacle of full houses at Taunton for Somerset games and for the Cricket World Cup fixtures we are hosting in 2019. They will realise that there is no better place in the world to host exciting matches to a full house of wonderful supporters.